Charleston Auto Insurance Quotes
Average car insurance savings of over $548 !
Too many discounts? No such thing.
At Triest Agency, we've got tons of ways to help you save on your South Carolina auto insurance.
Ask for a free no hassle auto insurance quote or complete our simple quote form.
Just call and ask for a free auto insurance quote. You'll be glad you did.
|"When my husband and I were house hunting as newlyweds back almost 20 years ago, we asked Larry's advice on selecting a house with lower expected insurance costs. We took his advice then and continue to do so today. The Triest Agency folks are the best in the business and I'm proud to refer my friends here for life, auto, home, and any other insurance needs... We still tell tell the story all the time about how our insurance agent picked out our first home! And it was a good one! Larry has been a patient advisor to me in every aspect of insurance -- and I ask a lot of questions! " By Sarah - Apr 14, 2010
Car insurance is designed to help provide financial protection from auto-related damages, loss, or injuries. It is there to protect you, your passengers, other drivers and pedestrians. In addition, it can protect against financial loss in the event of an accident to your car, as well as the property of others. It can provide financial reimbursement if your car is vandalized, damaged by fire, or stolen. Driving without automobile insurance is illegal in South Carolina as it is in most states.
Having sufficient auto insurance coverage is a social responsibility. Driving without insurance, or the ability to pay for any damages you may cause, puts others at financial risk.
A basic auto insurance policy contains five types of coverage
* Bodily injury liability- Liability coverage is for the damage you do to others. This coverage is expressed as three numbers, for example 100/300/100, which means $100,000 in bodily injury coverage per person, $300,000 in bodily injury coverage per accident and $100,000 in property-damage coverage per accident. This coverage is also designed to pay for your legal bills if you cause an accident. Because this coverage pays for damage you do to others, states require certain minimum levels of coverage. Bodily injury liability covers medical bills and lost wages to others if you are the cause of an accident.
* Property damage liability – This coverage pays for repairs or to replace property that you destroy, for example someone else’s car, or if you run into their fence or wall. This coverage can also pay for "pain and suffering" damages if you are sued after a car accident.
* Collision - Collision coverage pays to repair your own vehicle in the event of an accident. In the event of significant damage, your car might be considered "totaled". This is the case when the repair costs exceed a certain threshold of the car's value, such as 70 percent. At that point, the insurance company will generally pay to tow away the car to a salvage yard and pay you the actual cash value.
* Medical payments or Personal Injury Protection (PIP) - Medical payments coverage pays for the medical expenses suffered by you and your passengers as the result of an accident. Coverage also extends to you when you are driving someone else's car or if you are injured when a car hits you. The policy pays regardless of who caused the accident. Personal Injury Protection coverage pays for medical expenses and lost wages for you and your passengers who are injured in an accident. It also covers funeral costs. If you have good health insurance and disability insurance, you might decide not to purchase this coverage as it may duplicate coverage you already have.
* Comprehensive - This coverage pays for damage to your car that is not the result of an accident. This includes things such as fire, vandalism, theft, natural disasters, and collisions with animals (such as hitting a deer). Comprehensive pays the cost of a windshield replacement which in South Carolina is covered at 100%. Most of the time comprehensive also pays for a flood loss to your car. Something that can easily happen in Charleston when we have a tropical rain. Triest Agency recommends that regardless of the age of your car, you maintain comprehensive coverage.
* Uninsured/Underinsured motorists coverage (UM/UIM) - Uninsured motorists (UM) coverage pays for your medical bills if an uninsured driver hits your car or if you're a victim of a hit-and-run. Underinsured motorists (UIM) coverage comes into play when someone causes an accident but doesn't have enough insurance to cover all medical bills. In that case, the at-fault person's insurance pays up to its maximum and then your UIM coverage pays for the remaining bills, up to your policy limit.
Other Types of Coverage for for your Charleston auto insurance to consider...
- Rental reimbursement – This protection can pay for a rental car when your vehicle is damaged or stolen.
- Towing and labor coverage – This coverage can pay for the cost of towing or labor associated with road breakdowns.
- Gap coverage – This coverage is for newer vehicles and pays the difference between the actual cash value of the vehicle and the amount left on your car loan if your vehicle is totaled.
Vehicle Safety Test - Find out how safe your vehicle is.
Kelly Blue Book - Find out how much your vehicle is worth.
Contact an agent at Triest Agency today for more information about automobile insurance. We are here to answer all of your questions – and to provide the necessary information and guidance for you to make informed decisions about buying insurance in Charleston.
1052 Gardner Road
Charleston, SC 29407
* National average annual car insurance savings by new customers with one of our companies _ Progressive surveyed who saved with this company in 2014. Savings and discounts vary by the company we represent. All discounts are not available with all insurance companies. Your savings will vary depending on your driving history, credit history, autos you drive and other factors that the insurance company uses to quote your coverage. As an independent insurance agency, we represent more than one company and can shop your coverage with them to get you the maximum in savings at the coverage you request.